Want to be enviornmentally friendly but don’t want the bother of having to install solar panels to heat your water? Want to save money on your hot water bills? Heat Pumps are the latest development for hot water systems.
What is a Heat Pump?
Basically warm air enters the system and cooler air is pushed out.Cool water is then able to enter the system from the storage tank and at the same time heat is transferred to the water in the heat pump.Hot water is then returned to the tank ready for use.
Benefits of a Heat Pump
- No need to install expensive solar panels on you roof
- They don’t need daylight to operate
- Compare favourably to solar panels for cost savings
- They offer an environmentally friendly hot water option with a big reduction in greenhouse gas emissions
- They are electronically controlled using the same connection as normal electrical hot water systems, meaning a cost saving when installing
- They continue to wok well in low tempatures with the water remaining at a consistent temperature
- They are manufactured and sold by reputable companies such as Dux and Rheem meaning they are guaranteed for years
Heat Pump Products
At AJs Plumbing with work with a number of suppliers to source the best products for you. Below are a couple of examples of hydronic heat pumps from Hunt Heating.
The Immergas Audax heat pump is an air to water heat pump using inverter technology, ideal for stand-alone systems or combined with additional heat sources and equipment delivering hybrid systems. It can provide both hydronic heating and cooling as well as domestic hot water.
The Gree Ultra hydronic heat pump continuously absorbs low grade heat from the surrounding air and transforms this into usable high grade heat. This is then transferred to water via a high efficiency heat exchanger to ensure reliable, stable hot water supply. Its compact modular design makes it perfect for environments where reliability is a must and space is in high demand.
Rheem have brought out their new “Premium Rheem Thermal Range” of heat pumps for hydronic heating. These heat pumps are up to 50% cheaper to run than natural gas systems and 80% cheaper than LPG heaters. The Accent hydronic heat pump uses the best refrigerants and is available in both air-to-water and ground-sourced/water-to-water design. Some of the key benefits are as follows:
- Full commercial construction including marine grade aluminum case and anti-corrosion
treatment of the evaporator
- Market leading level of efficiency
- Demonstrably lower running cost than competitor offering due to higher efficiency
- Best suited to Australian conditions with enhanced evaporator and heat exchanger capacity
- Suited to cool climate operation
- Compressor housed in separate internal cabinet minimizing noise.
- Over temperature control
- HP/LP pressure control and flow switch
- Marine Grade Aluminum Case, with the option of colour matching
- Full manufacturer’s warranty and factory/service support nationally
- Faster temperature rise relative to competitor models based on higher heat transfer efficiency
Heat Pump Service
To date AJ’s Plumbing has installed heat pumps into new properties, refurbished homes and businesses, the results of which have been both positive and gratifying.
We operate in the CBD district of Sydney as well as surrounding suburbs and pride ourselves on maintaining a good relationship with our customers, updating them on the latest technology.
AJ’S Plumbing will be happy to quote you a competitive price for the installation of these attractive and unobtrusive heat pump systems and advise you which areas would best benefit from a particular heat pump.
We are on call 24/7 and no job is too small.
For Professional & Reliable Service Call 24/7 Full Plumbing Service 1300 76 53 39